This salad, as are most, is very versatile. We used olives and sun-dried tomatoes, but you could easily add many other ingredients – avocado, sautéed pancetta, cooked shrimp, or steak. The best part is the warm garlic dressing!
- One package baby spinach
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (non-oil packed)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 1/4 cup kalamata pitted olives
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- Black pepper to taste
Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for one minute. Add capers, olives, lemon juice, thyme and pepper and cook for one minute, until heated through.
Place spinach and tomatoes on plate and pour warm dressing over salad.